So the new Mac Books...

M

Mikey Chopps

Can they run games or programs like "Steam". If not and i excpect it in the near or even distant future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
They can almost any Mac Software that is out there. If "Steam" is a Mac program, it will probably run, but nothing is guarenteed. They will not run Windows programs. Mac software may run a bit slower until the titles have been updated to take advantage of the Intel processor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Is there a Mac version of steam?

If there isn't (I wouldn't know, outside of Postal 2 my Mac doesn't do much gaming), the new x86 processors may lead to more software, but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz, 1GB Ram, 60GB HD. 19in. external display, bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Closed Lid.
Mikey Chopps said:
Can they run games or programs like "Steam". If not and i excpect it in the near or even distant future?

As of now, steam is not for mac OS X, however, it is rumored that windows xp can be installed on a seperate partition of your hard disk on the new intel macs. In that case you could boot under Windows and run steam. So yes, in a weird way... I think intel will bring a lot of new software for macs as well. ^.^... Still don't have one yet, but I think I'm going for a new macbook pro sometime in June once some benchmarks have come out and other problems have been addressed (if there are any ;) )

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.