Handbrake, windows computer and video ipod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 15inch powerbook
I ripped a dvd using the default setting in handbrake. I burned it to a dvd and gave it to my brother. He has a windows computer. He copied the ripped dvd's into his itunes and can play them using itunes. When he goes to update the ipod he keeps getting an error message. Do i have to change a setting in handbrake in order to use the dvd's on the ipod? :headphone

U

UncSki1218

under destination got to codecs...choose: mpeg-4 video/acc audio. make sure u have the longest title(if its a movie) and all chapters. that should do it.

Reaction score
UncSki1218 said:
under destination got to codecs...choose: mpeg-4 video/acc audio. make sure u have the longest title(if its a movie) and all chapters. that should do it.

You also need to change the video size to 320/240 under the advanced setting. IIRC.. I'm at work so I can't check exactly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67GHZ 15" PowerBook G4 Widescreen "The Great Last PowerBook"/20" iMac Core Duo, 2GB RAM, 256VRAM
you know i did that last night to an episode of BSG and I got an error message as well. I used the 320/240 under the picture settings and everything according the latest issue of MacWorld. Still would not put it on the iPod. I usually use Mac the Ripper and then use iSquint. On a side note, what software did you use to burn it to DVD? Can you copy a file into iDVD and use that to burn it?

Reaction score
You don't need to use 320/240. I prefer much higher resolution. Plus the TV out will look a lot better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.