Garage Band worked fine-now it stinks!(core audio problem)

S

skullion

Here's the deal. I recorded 2 songs on garage band with minimal problems.Since those 2 songs I,ve been downloading stuff,gaming, and basically leaving the computer on alot (this is a mac mini with a mobile pre USB for real instrument recording). Now with a new song the real instrument recording makes the program lose audio after about 15 seconds. Sometimes I get a message that says "core audio -10004 disc is too slow(record)". I'm aware some people have this problem with many tracks but im only working with 2. Playback is fine-just the audio during the recording is messed up.I have already got rid of alot of extra stuff on my computer and I reloaded OSX but it did nothing.Is the computer just crapping out? Is 512 RAM not enough?(it should be-it used to work) The garage band App seems to be a little more glitchy than usual lately-takes a real long time to quit sometimes as well. I see some people have the core audio problem with some other apps-maybe some recent update screwed it up? Any answers on why and what I need to do to correct it would be greatly appreciated! It's tough to record a sond 6 notes at a time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.