Which Monitor for Macbook Pro and Gaming?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum so I hope I am posting this in the right place.

I have the non-retina 13 inch MBP, and I'm looking for a 22" or 24" monitor to do graphic design and to connect consoles. That means that the Thunderbolt display is out of the question, since I need to be able to connect a Gamecube and possibly a Ps3. I'd like an IPS monitor since I do graphic design work.

Advice and links appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I can personally recommend the Dell line of IPS monitors. They're bright, colorful, and have a nice look to them. Check them out at the Dell site.

OP
W
Reaction score
Do those monitors support hooking up game systems? I'm not really sure what all the different ports are called, so it's hard for me to be sure when I look at product descriptions.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure what you mean by game ports? Some monitors are equipped with USB ports and even an additional output, but that's usually found on the more expensive models. If you're referring to the monitor input ports, most have ports for HDMI, DVI, and VGA. They may even have a port for RGB or sound (assuming the monitor is equipped with speakers.) You need to do your homework before buying and I strongly suggest buying one in person not from an on line supplier. You may pay a bit more but it's better that way.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.