Can't find a ipad movie player with AC3 support - what do I do now?

Reaction score
Hey Everybody

I've been looking on the board but I can't seem to find a previous tread on this. Basically, since almost all media/movie players cut out ac3 support, I can only watch movies on my ipad with no sound. Does anybody know a way to convert the sound files to another format so I can play my movies on something like goodplayer or moliplayer?

Also, how long does the process take to convert say a 2 hour avi file 360p?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" | iPad 1 | iPhone 5
Did you try the app called Azul?

C

chas_m

It's a trivial matter to convert the movie files to use AAC sound rather than AC3. You can do this very quickly by using iFFmpeg, which allows you to convert the file's audio track ONLY, leaving the video intact. IIRC, iFFmpeg costs $12, but well worth it in my view ...

OP
T
Reaction score
It's a trivial matter to convert the movie files to use AAC sound rather than AC3. You can do this very quickly by using iFFmpeg, which allows you to convert the file's audio track ONLY, leaving the video intact. IIRC, iFFmpeg costs $12, but well worth it in my view ...

Thanks! Looks like a good program - just have to think about the 12 dollars...

Do you know how long it takes to convert a file?

C

chas_m

I recently used it to convert some half-hour shows. I set the video to "passthrough" and just converted the audio as mentioned. I think it took about a minute or two per episode, very quick when you don't have to re-do the video!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.