FORCE shut down

Reaction score
its been a week since i purchased MBP 13 inch
as an ex-user of windows i was frequently used to shutting it down and now i just now realized how un-essential it is to FORCE shut down mac
i did it like 50 times as far as i know
you think it might have caused any trouble
MBP so far so good though

just asking

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There's a difference between "forcing" a computer to shut down…and going to the Macintosh "Apple" drop down menu & telling the computer to shut down via the "Shut Down" command.

In either case…I doubt you did any damage.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
There's a difference between "forcing" a computer to shut down…and going to the Macintosh "Apple" drop down menu & telling the computer to shut down via the "Shut Down" command.

In either case…I doubt you did any damage.

- Nick

basically i was doing "Macintosh "Apple" drop down menu & telling the computer to shut down via the "Shut Down" command"

ok sorry i confused restart with shut down, i was FORCING it to restart
well i was actually both shutting down and restarting it for this past week
now i have learnt my lesson, i ll restart or shut it in case i update some software or install something new on it
so everything should be fine now i hope and there is no internal damage, fingers crossed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
A forced shutdown would be pressing and holding the power button until your Mac powers off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.