cannot view pdf in browse

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm having trouble viewing pdf documents on websites. When I click on the link for a form on any website, I get a blank screen. I've tried restarting, updating software, clearing caches. I use firefox. Tried going back to safari, and for some reason, it doesn't work . I don't know if the problems are linked. I get this when I used safari (attachment)

can anyone help?

I'm afraid in this forum, I probably will receive more than give. Knitting, yoga and cooking questions? bring it on. :)

Screen Shot 2012-12-14 at 8.25.47 AM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
HTTP 404 error is a standard response code for when a server can't find the page or content you have requested. i.e a broken or no longer used link to a web page or in this case by the looks of it a link to a PDF.

Hope this helps

- Simon

OP
N
Reaction score
Hi Oldscribe, I cannot open that pdf. When I click on it, I go to a blank page. It is what always happens lately. This is a relatively new issue...

I wonder if I've blocked something in preferences inadvertently? I don't seem to see anything wrong with my preferences...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13” i5 (2012) , iPhone5 16GB (white), iPhone4 8GB (white), iPad2 64GB 3G, Apple TV
happened to me with a particular PDF file (giving me an error with Preview). I downloaded Adobe PDF reader for Mac, and the file would open...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.