Please help me with Numbers formulas.

Reaction score
Hello there, I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for my shares portfolio.

Currently, this is what I have.
q04svducr

What I'm trying to do, is to generate a formula to tell me how much shares I'm currently holding of "noble". I need it to look under the "transactions" table and calculate how much shares im currently holding.

I've been experimenting with lookup but can't seem to get it to get what I want as there are two conditions, that the share must be "noble" and that the transaction must be "buy" before it can add and the sure must be "noble" and that the transaction must be "sell" before it can minus.

Could anyone please help me out here?

OP
S
Reaction score
Hello there, I'm trying to create a spreadsheet for my shares portfolio.

Currently, this is what I have.
q04svducr

What I'm trying to do, is to generate a formula to tell me how much shares I'm currently holding of "noble". I need it to look under the "transactions" table and calculate how much shares im currently holding.

I've been experimenting with lookup but can't seem to get it to get what I want as there are two conditions, that the share must be "noble" and that the transaction must be "buy" before it can add and the sure must be "noble" and that the transaction must be "sell" before it can minus.

Could anyone please help me out here?

Scrap that, after digging through the entire formula list and gouging my eyes out for 3 hours I figured it out. For anyone who potentially needs something like this, the formula I used is SUMIFS, this is VERY easy to use and I will be using it for almost all my spreadsheets in future.

OP
S
Reaction score
Please help me with numbers formula - again

Hi there, sorry for the double posts, after solving the previous thread on my own I encountered a far more difficult task.

Again, here is the spreadsheet I'm using.
82v5byd11

What i'm trying to achieve now is to generate a formula to calculate the shareholdings value of my stock based on the purchase price, in this case, "noble" under the shareholdings table.

based on the transactions here, in order to formulate the value i need to calculate it via taking the price multiplied by the quantity of that respective transaction, in this case, 10000*1.15 + 15000*1.13, after taking into account that some shares of that particular transactions have been sold.

I'm trying to automate this process, such that it calculates the respective value of the share based on the purchase price.

Can you help me generate a formula?

I have absolutely no idea how to tell it to search out the respective price and quantity it needs to calculate then sum it up.

I tried using lookup, vlookup, hlookup and still have no clue about how to go about.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Threads Merged - Continuing discussion about the same thing can go in the same thread, no need for multiple threads..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.