Does anyone know the original battery life of my Powerbook?

D

darkwingkevin

15" 1.25 GHz.

I'm curious. I'll be going to the Apple Store in a little while to see if I can procure a battery replacement. I don't recall the original battery life of this machine. It's about 2 years old.

Reaction score
The new ones are 5 hours so it was probably about 3/4 hours and has a two/three year life swan with heavy use as it's a li ion battery so the plate inside will burn up weather you use it or not.

OP
A

atforce

yeh those batteries kinda sucked, if you buy a new one the performance is way better

OP
J

jn4jenny

darkwingkevin said:
15" 1.25 GHz.

I'm curious. I'll be going to the Apple Store in a little while to see if I can procure a battery replacement. I don't recall the original battery life of this machine. It's about 2 years old.

If you have a choice, I wouldn't put another OEM battery in there. I bought one of the NewerTech after-market batteries for my 12" 1Ghz, and it has better battery life than my OEM battery had even when the OEM battery was brand spanking new. It also seems to be deteriorating slower than the OEM battery did.

But if you can con Apple into giving you a new one, might as well take it ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.