Bass and more of it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
Wondering if earbuds or headphones give the listener more bass? I never thought of myself as a bass head but feel my Sures are lacking some in this ares.

Bob j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
If you post the model of yor Shure's then we can better answer your bass needs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
If you have no problem with full-on headphones, then it's hard to beat the Sony MDR-7506 studio monitors. These things are still considered some of the best headphones money can buy in the professional audio field and for only $100 they're a cut above the rest and easily affordable for pros and consumers alike. I use them all the time when mixing for headphones and I know a lot of other people in the professional market who use them too from recording studios to audio field technicians.

They really can punch it on the bass (but it's not overblown and exaggerated - it's an accurate representation of the mix) while still preserving crisp and detailed highs. It's funny b/c I've listened to consumer headphones that were in the $600 range that still didn't sound as good as these. (Please note - I'm distinguishing consumer headphones from professional headphones)

I usually don't suggest these to consumers because... well let's face it, they're not that stylish and the cord is really long but in if you're considering headphones anyway over earbuds, I HIGHLY recommend them.

Amazon.com: Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone: Electronics

C

chas_m

I'm a bit of a weirdo who likes to listen to music *as it was recorded* rather than artificially enhanced, so when I'm looking for serious headphones I want them to be as flat (sonically) and wide (tonally) as possible. Adding bass RUINS music, so I would say to stay FAR away from Beats.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
I have a pr of SE 315-CL Sure's as well as a pr of Apple earbuds

Bob J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch 2014 Retina MacBook Pro, 2012 Mac Mini, 160GB iPod Classic, iPhone 5
I'm a bit of a weirdo who likes to listen to music *as it was recorded* rather than artificially enhanced, so when I'm looking for serious headphones I want them to be as flat (sonically) and wide (tonally) as possible. Adding bass RUINS music, so I would say to stay FAR away from Beats.
+1

If the Shure CL-315s don't do it for you then try the Sony MDR-7506 headphones adric recommended. If you find those lacking in bass you should reread what chas_m said and adjust your listening habits. O:)

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac air,iPad mini,ipods
Thanks for the headphone suggestion. Will purchase a pair soon. Also would be interested in a pr of higher end earbuds that fit a little more traditionally as I have some difficulty getting the Sures in properly. Often times for a quick listen I need to have a pair that can go in and out easily and fast. Any suggestions?

Bob j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mini 2.5 i5, 2009 13" MBP 2.26 C2D
Digging my Sennheiser 558's. They have recently been replaced with the 598's, but still have a fantastic sound. Run for ~250.00, super comfortable, and a cord long enough to use as a rope.

The German's surely know how to engineer!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.