several devices on itunes

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Pro, 16 GB Ram, M2 2023, 27" Studio Display
Hi group, I have a question about iphones and backing up with itunes. I already have a iphone 4s and ipad 2 backed up on my imac using itunes. I just purchased a new iphone 4 for my wife. I want to back that up on my imac as well. When I open itunes it sees the 4s and ipad using wifi. It does not see the iphone 4. I plugged the iphone 4 into a usb port and itunes saw the 4s and 4 but no ipad. I did back up the 4 while it was pluged in. When I unplugged the 4 itunes went back to seeing the 4s and ipad. Is itunes only capable od seeing two devices?

thanx, nod

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
?? Never had a reason to plug more than 1 in at a time.

OP
N

nod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Pro, 16 GB Ram, M2 2023, 27" Studio Display
Let me say up front I ain't no genius :Blushing: Normally I just back up my devices over wifi. I assume it works as good as plugging it in. I dunno....

nod

C

chas_m

I've had more than two iDevices plugged in at once, so the answer to your question is "no, there's not a limit of two." Unless you mean wireless? If so, I would imagine that there IS a limit to the number of devices you can see wirelessly at one time due to bandwidth issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.