2nd gen white macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook2,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
Hello

i have a 2nd gen white macbook i'm currently running leopard is there anything else i can upgrade too thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
According to MacTracker, it should go up to Lion, 10.7. You may need to increase the RAM though. You'll need 2Gb for Lion, or 1Gb for Snow Leopard, 10.6.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hello

i have a 2nd gen white macbook i'm currently running leopard is there anything else i can upgrade too thanks

Yes…we discussed in the other thread that you have a 2nd gen. white MacBook…but it's really better to give the specifications (core 2 duo, 1.83ghz cpu).

FYI…you should enter your MacBook's spec's into your Mac-Forums profile…that way they will always be their for us to see when you ask questions in the future.:)

As far as your OS question…you can upgrade to OS 10.6 "Snow Leopard", or OS 10.7 "Lion". To purchase Snow Leopard…go to Apple.com…if you want "Lion"…you have to call Apple at the 800 number (not available for purchase online).

HTH,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Name: MacBook Model Identifier: MacBook2,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Sp
thanks nick where would I buy more ram and how would I install it

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey guys i think i have run into another problem i purchased the 2 gigs of ram needed installed it and pop in snow leopard and it telling me sorry snow leopard cannot be installed on this computer please help thanks a million adrian

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey guys i think i have run into another problem i purchased the 2 gigs of ram needed installed it and pop in snow leopard and it telling me sorry snow leopard cannot be installed on this computer please help thanks a million adrian

Your MacBook can most definitely run Snow Leopard. The only reason why it won't install is...either the wrong install disk is being used (not a retail disk)...or you don't have enough free hard drive space.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.