Windows Plug-ins

H

hardheart

I was wondering how the heck I figure out what plug-ins I need for IE? I keep trying to load a page that says I don't have a needed plug-in but then when I click the link to find the plugin it loads some irrelevant page that is completely useless. Is there any other way for me to find the plug-ins?? I think I almost miss my PC! j/k. but, really, this is my first mac and i'm kinda lost.

OH! and another thing. which is better, safari or IE and why specifically?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you could send some links that you are having trouble with it will make it easier for us to help find what you are looking for

OP
H

hardheart

trpnmonkey41 said:
If you could send some links that you are having trouble with it will make it easier for us to help find what you are looking for

It's a xanga site that wants to load an audio file (.wav file or .mp3 file)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I could be wrong, but I think a .wav file is a m$ format. You may need to download and install m$ media player. iTunes and quicktime should be able to play mp3s.

As for web browsers, I prefer safari over explorer.

OP
H

hardheart

rman said:
I could be wrong, but I think a .wav file is a m$ format. You may need to download and install m$ media player. iTunes and quicktime should be able to play mp3s.

As for web browsers, I prefer safari over explorer.

why do you prefer safari over IE?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Safari is faster plus it has tabs.

sKaD

OP
S

silentraven

actually the Wav (Waveform) is not associated with Microsoft at all. it's just a raw audio extension.

As far as the xanga thing goes...i have seen it too and i dont know the solution. I would also like to find out...but at the same time, it's very annoying having to listen to music playing from a webpage that you dont want to be listening to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.