Screen sharing - force virtual desktop?

Reaction score
Can I connect to Screen Sharing on a host with no user logged on, but get a virtual desktop instead of shared?

And is there any way to get a virtual desktop from a 10.6 Mountain Lion machine?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I don't know of any remote access solution for Mountain Lion that offers a virtual desktop.

All the ones I'm aware of require a user account of some description. Though many don't need the user already logged in. Just for the machine to be powered up

OP
jnojr
Reaction score
I don't know of any remote access solution for Mountain Lion that offers a virtual desktop.

??? On any recent Mac, VNC to another Mac. See attached.

Problem is, the virtual desktop doesn't work. I was originally asking how to force a connection to that virtual desktop, but now I want to be able to connect to it period.

Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 12.23.22 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
As I stated in my first post I don't know of any Virtual desktops solutions that work without another user being logged on.

You've replied saying it doesn't work so I'm a little confused by your "???"

What is it, exactly, you want to do that screen sharing isn't doing for you?
And when you say "the virtual desktop" doesn't work, what do you mean? Any error messages etc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.