computer sound control

OP
C
Reaction score
user account?

Sorry, but I am not savvy with computers and don't know what you mean by my "user account".... also don't know how to start another user account...?!

OP
C
Reaction score
I have found the utilities folder, with nothing in it and it doesn't open.
I also found the sound pane, and do not know where to click it onto the desk top.
Can you help?
cmerriman

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have moved all of your posts into this single thread. Having your question in multiple locations (and in other threads up to 3 years old) only creates confusion among those that may attempt to assist you.

If in your first post above, you are talking about the sound icon in the Menu bar (that's the bar that sits on the top of your screen all the time)...

Then click on the Apple (at the left hand side of your Menu bar), then on Sound preferences - then open the "Output" tab, and put a check mark in the box next to "Show volume in menu bar".

(And btw, there is no tech support provided via the "Contact Us" form. Placing your question here in the forum is the appropriate place. Thanks)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.