mac book pro wont load

Reaction score
so i got a older mac book pro silver case, and it won't load past the apple screen and spinning wheel. i have tried every key combo to boot in safe mode and everything else and nothing happens. when i turn it on it just sits at the screen and does nothing at all. any one!!! please help!!! thank you..

Reaction score
You say you have done every key option ?
Have you tried to reset the pram and nvram?

Push the power button and then immediately hold down the following keys together....
option + command(key with apple on it) + p + r
keep holding them down and let it chime 3 times . On the third chime release the keys and let it boot.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like your hard drive may have died. Do you have your original install recovery DVD that came with your machine? If you have that disk, boot your MBP with it and then run Disk Utility from the DVD and verify your hard drive. Post back the results.

OP
K
Reaction score
It is my friends computer. i'm just trying to help her with it. she don't have the recovery disk, and all i got is the usb flash disk for my air. option + command(key with apple on it) + p + r did not work. how long should i hold it down?

Reaction score
You should hold down those keys through 3 chimes. It should chime then resart chime again restart and chime again then let off the buttons

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.