IPhone 5 music app is not scrolling?

Reaction score
I got the iphone 5 since when it first came out. At first i decided to sync all of the back up data from itune including all the old music, apps, and videos from my iphone 4. Ever since, when i go to the music app and scroll down to look for the song at the very bottom, it laggs and become unresponsive

I made an appointment to the apple store and they reset everything to factory setting. They said that it was not scrolling is because I sync it from my back up data. so i got home and sync in my music and videos through itune instead of using the backup data. It still laggs when i scroll down to the very bottom of the song list.

Next, i made another appointment and explained that I did everything correctly and it still laggs. They decided to replace it with a new iphone 5. They also said that it was because of the corrupted music file that was syncing. So i made another attempt to clean all of the corrupted music and deleted from my music app using "Mp3 scan and repair". However, i still have a problem with scrolling in the music app. :[ It is still laggin go this day and i could not find any solution in the internet.

does anyone have a suggestion or a solution to this problem? it seems like i am the only one who has this problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
It does sound very much like it's the files at fault.

It's a labourious task but why not transfer your music over bit by bit and try and narrow down the point of failure

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.