Macbook 13 a1181 screen won't come.

Reaction score
I have an old macbook 13, with a cracked lcd screen and a dead battery that was giving to me. So i decided to open it up and clean it out and replace the screen my self. I took out the ram and hardrive, and then put them back in correctly after I was done. Now my computer just comes on but the screen doesn't, I know the screen wont come if the computer doesnt detect the ram. I know for sure the ram is secure and locked in place because I havent put the l bracket back on. Could you tell me what the problem is or what I did wrong?

Reaction score
Was the old broken screen lighting up? Have you tried different ram? Bad ram will cause this issue also.
It could have a bad ccfl inverter. Or you didn't get the inverter plugged in all the way on both ends.
Have you tried to hook it to an external monitor to see if it is displaying any video at all?

OP
D
Reaction score
Was the old broken screen lighting up? Have you tried different ram? Bad ram will cause this issue also.
It could have a bad ccfl inverter. Or you didn't get the inverter plugged in all the way on both ends.
Have you tried to hook it to an external monitor to see if it is displaying any video at all?
Yes I've turned it on numerous times before i took out the ram, the ram sticks aren't damaged, but I put them in the wrong way the first time by mistake. (would that have effected it) The sticks aren't bad, I dont have the vga cable to hook it up.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Putting the memory modules in backwards (I don't know how you did that, by the way...) quite possibly could have caused damage to the logic board. That's a consideration.

Reaction score
Im not sure how you put the ram in wrong...???
There is a slot in the ram and it will only go in one way. Unless you forced it in witch case you could have cracked the board or one of the hundreds of solder joints that connect the ram bus to the board.
But before you give up , try the sticks one at a time first in one slot then the other. If you don't think you forced the ram in and broke something then I would check to be sure the inverter is connected . Also get a cord to try out an external monitor to see if it is even outputting video.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.