Back casing of my macbook seems loose

Reaction score
I've only had my macbook pro (13" basic model) since mid september, but the back casing seems loose. I'm able to push it in slightly (mostly at the front right and left) and whenever I do I can hear these clicks, as if its catching on something and forcing its way back into its natural position.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this? Was thinking of taking it to an apple store but thought I'd try on here first.

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've only had my macbook pro (13" basic model) since mid september, but the back casing seems loose. I'm able to push it in slightly (mostly at the front right and left) and whenever I do I can hear these clicks, as if its catching on something and forcing its way back into its natural position.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this? Was thinking of taking it to an apple store but thought I'd try on here first.

Thanks

The simple answer is…you have Applecare…take it to the Apple Store. Even if lots of folks here had the same exact problem…you would still have to go to the Apple Store to have it looked into.:)

Good luck,

- Nick

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And quit pushing on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.