AVCHD movie files and iPhoto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, Intel Core 2 Duo - 2.8GHz, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M + 9600M GT
Hi there, i cant seem to get my AVCHD movie files to import with my photo's when i plug my camera in to my macbook. I have to go into my memory card and find the folder where the movies are and then put them into a new folder in my documents. Then i had to download and app called mPLAYERx. Ive noticed that on the app store the latest version of iphoto 11 is 9.4.2 and mine on my macbook is version 9.2.3 , when i go to software updates is says none available and my system is upto date? Is this because im still on snow leopard 10.6.8? as it says on the help forum on apple that i should be able to import and play these AVCHD files on iphoto..

C

chas_m

Yes, it's because you're on Snow Leopard. Upgrade to Mountain Lion, which will let you upgrade to iPhoto 9.4.2, and the AVCHD problem is likely to go away.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.