Mail - help with read mail please

Reaction score
I have recently started using Mail on my MacBook Pro. I have set up my current AOL account to run in Mail.
My problem is - it behaves rather differently to AOL running on my PC. (I have to use a PC at work and I access AOL here also)
In Mail - I would like mails I have read to go straight from the Inbox into a folder called Read.
At present all mails stay in the Inbox folder unless I delete them or move them manually into the Junk Folder.
Can anyone please advise me how to set this up?
Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

frankieirishman.

Reaction score
You should be able to open Mail, click Preferences, choose Rules and set up your Rules. What you would have to test is if the messages that your Read go into a folder on 'on my mac' or if they are moved on the server side of AOL.

OP
F
Reaction score
Thanks for the swift reply Steven....is it easy to set up a Rule if you've never done it before?

Reaction score
Yes, rules aren't hard to set up or time consuming. There are several criteria you can enter to specify the types of rules you want to apply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.