Using bootcamp on an SSD on 10.7

Reaction score
I recently installed a Crucial M4 256GB solid state drive into my 15' Macbook Pro late 2011. I installed TRIMenabler and so far have been very happy with the speed. The only problem I've encountered so far, which is more of a worry, is that when i go to use boot camp it will conflict with the partition i made to reinstall lion on my SSD. When installing lion on the drive i had to use disk utility to make a single partition and install. What should i do to ensure i don't mess anything up on the mac side. In addition, would i need TRIM support on windows with my SSD and how would that work? i currently just used trim enabler and it seemed to be fine..

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure I understand your question. Where do you wish to install Windows, on the SSD, or your other hard drive?

As far as TRIM is concerned, it's supported in Windows 7. No additional software is required.

OP
O
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your question. Where do you wish to install Windows, on the SSD, or your other hard drive?

As far as TRIM is concerned, it's supported in Windows 7. No additional software is required.

Yes on my SSD currently installed in my computer, sorry for confusion

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the SSD is your primary boot drive, then Boot Camp can and will create a partition for Windows on it and installation as normal. However, if the SSD is not your primary drive and is installed in the optical slot, (data doubler) you will be unable to install Windows on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.