Rental DVD stuck in MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 480GB solidstateHD-fast!
Would anyone have any idea, besides the obvious drastic ones, on how to remove a dvd from the superdrive? Would appreciate guidance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Is the drive actuating to try to remove the cd, or is it not doing anything? If the drive is attempting to remove the cd, and it is physically stuck inside, you might have a damaged cd locking arm. More info would be appreciated.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stuck dvd

Is the drive actuating to try to remove the cd, or is it not doing anything? If the drive is attempting to remove the cd, and it is physically stuck inside, you might have a damaged cd locking arm. More info would be appreciated.

The DVD is actively trying to be ejected from my brand new 15" MacBook Pro w/Mountain Lion.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
If it is brand new and the methods in the link you were given don't work, I would take it to an Apple store and let them have a look. It is still under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Most likely, the optical drive's arm(the little arm that blocks the disc from shooting out, or blocks a second disc from being loaded) is stuck. You'll have to take a paperclip and see how it's stuck.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stuck DVD

Well, I am not sure what I did or how I pulled the forces of the universe in that I needed, but I had a small screw driver, magnetic, and I placed it in the slot beside the superdrive w/o pushing on it but just holding it in the slot on the metal inside; I pressed the eject button and it went through the normal movements, rumblings, and the starting to eject sounds.....then it popped out and I grabbed it!!!!!

Not sure if the screwdriver placement or the placement w/the magnetic tip, or plain dumb luck made it happen because the movie (MIB3) would be late in 30 minutes. I appreciate all of the assistance and recommendations since I am new to this great world.

Happy Holidays to all and most of all, be safe.

Karl w/a "K"

ps - viva la MAC!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
Gotta love those moments when you fix something without knowing how you fixed it :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.