Will the apple store fix my cracked screen?

Reaction score
I cracked my iTouch screen when I dropped it a couple times. Thinking I could fix it, I ordered a replacement kit and tried to do it myself. I watched an informational video while fixing the screen but I ended up messing it up and I think I broke the volume or power control (orange-ish strip wrapped above the logic-board) and I'm really afraid that I screwed my iPod. It won't even turn on. And yes, I charged it and everything, I even tried connecting it to a power source then turning it on but it still didn't work. And I powered off my iPod before commencing the repair. I am positive it had a full charge though. I had the digitzer cable and LCD cable to the new screen plugged in and everything. So I was hoping the apple store could fix it for me. I don't know what they're gonna do about the broken strip and my iPod not turning on so I'm anxious at what they're gonna say if I decide to go. So...do you think I should bring it to the genius bar and they'll fix it? Also, how much do you think it would cost?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes Apple could fix it for you but at my guess a premium price.You would be better off scouting around and find someone that fixes iPhone, iPod screens in your area.
I know here in Australia there are a lot of people doing this now and ic an get one fixed for $80, and if you could find something similar, prices shouldnt be that much difference, remembering there will be extra labour and parts because you have broken something.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.