iMac **** apps not working

Reaction score
Hello there I have been get some headaches form my iMac lately and here is what I got

Imac running mountain lion up to date
Iphone 4 up to date
Iphone 5 up to date

Now this is the problems are have been experiencing

When turning on my iMac it always bring on the system preferences pane and the Mail even when i quit both and tell the mac to not reopen these windows when start again.

Next the iPhoto every time I plug any of the iphones it says "iPhoto has detected inconsistencies in your library please click repair to avoid any potential problems"

but not matter how many times I repair it always ask to do the same again on the next time it start also have used iPhoto library manager and rebuild the library trying to sort out thi issue without success.

And finally iTunes I have updated to the last version and every single time it start always show the user license and and the tutorials realyy annoying like it always have been used for the first time.

Also with both iPhone's it say's that itunes could not save the backup on this computer.

Hope I have been clear enough so I can get some help here cause all this is really driving me crazy like everybody i invested on apple to have peace of mind.

One last thing I know its stupid and my fault but there is no backups that i can use.

OP
K
Reaction score
Hello there I have been get some headaches form my iMac lately and here is what I got

Imac running mountain lion up to date
Iphone 4 up to date
Iphone 5 up to date

Now this is the problems are have been experiencing

When turning on my iMac it always bring on the system preferences pane and the Mail even when i quit both and tell the mac to not reopen these windows when start again.

Next the iPhoto every time I plug any of the iphones it says "iPhoto has detected inconsistencies in your library please click repair to avoid any potential problems"

but not matter how many times I repair it always ask to do the same again on the next time it start also have used iPhoto library manager and rebuild the library trying to sort out thi issue without success.

And finally iTunes I have updated to the last version and every single time it start always show the user license and and the tutorials realyy annoying like it always have been used for the first time.

Also with both iPhone's it say's that itunes could not save the backup on this computer.

Hope I have been clear enough so I can get some help here cause all this is really driving me crazy like everybody i invested on apple to have peace of mind.

One last thing I know its stupid and my fault but there is no backups that i can use.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1 post/thread is enough - no reason to post the same thing again - thanks

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I don't have a solution, but if I had this problem, I would immediately backup my stuff to an external HD, create a bootable OS thumbdrive (if I didn't already have one) and then format the internal HD and reinstall the OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.