iDVD Themes Deleted

Reaction score
I tried to clean up my computer last night with an app called "FULL Diskfighter" from the app store. Well, I by mistake ended up sending ALL my iDVD themes to the trash however they are still there, my question is where do they go in my computer? & how do I get them there?

I still use iDVD 09 & would like to fix this mistake so any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hey WildBill.

When you go into the trash, find the themes, Control>Click on it and you will shown a contextual menu. Find the Put Back click on that and viola they go straight back from where they came from.

Im presuming you have SnowLeopard or later as a OS ??

Oh and welcome to the forums

Cheers

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the input but when I go into the trash & enter iDVD I can see ALL the themes, some movies I created but when I hit cntrl & click on the themes area it I don't see the "Contextual" menu. What am I doing wrong?

And yes I am using SnowLeopard.

OP
P
Reaction score
How to correct accidentally deleted IDVD themes

I used a file clean up program which accidentally deleted my theme files for the IDVD program & thru many, many frustrating hours/days trying to figure how to correct it (if possible) here is what I found.

After locating my deleted files (in trash):

1) Click on "Finder Icon" btm left of screen (or wherever you have your dock located)

2) Go to the file named "Library" / "Application Support" / "IDVD"

3) Locate a file named "Installed Themes Folder" all those files are listed there

4) Drag in any of the missing theme files needed & restart your computer

5) Now you should be able to access those missing files in IDVD w/o any error issues

FYI, I know others say that if you use any program to clean up your computer is quick and easy. However, you won't be able to restore those accidentally deleted (trashed) files by highlighting them in the trash & click "Restore" it does NOT work & I called apple for assistance to which they confirmed this is true, so be very cautious when attempting this, read any & all notices prior to deleting any checked duplicated video, picture or sound files & make sure you know/understand which will be deleted. I know I have learned my lesson, & just wanted to share my experience.

Hope this helps anyone who may have run into this issue as I did.;)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Merged threads - so the answer is the same place as the question.

Appreciate you posting back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.