Something like Swype or T-9 Trace in the Future?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro (School's); iphone 3Gs
I have an iPhone 3gs and like it very much. I use a MacBook Pro at the university. Like many others who have considered upgrading to the Samsung Galaxy 3, I was wondering if the iPhone would ever get a Apple-quality version of something like Swype? It has very fast input.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
No one knows what future technology Apple is going to put into iOS at this point until the developer seeds start showing up. As of now this is not something the rumor mill has been by buzzing about, so not sure if it will ever happen..

Apple will most likely want to limit the number of me-too features in iOS too..

C

chas_m

It's a very fast input if your vocabulary is very shallow and limited ...

I'm not necessarily knocking it, but the reason its so fast is that most people use it to say things like "on my way!" or "be there in 10."

For that, the iPhone has IMO a better implementation ... you can store TONS of text shortcuts (which can actually be quite long and elaborate if you like) and assign a short trigger. For example, I use omw for "On my way!"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.