Back of Mid 2009 MacBook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air 2018 macOS Monterey 8GB RAM 250 GB SSD
I just upgraded the RAM in my Mid 2009 MacBook Pro. After I replaced the back cover, I noticed it doesn't seem to fit as solid as it did before I removed it. It is flush and seems to be in the right position, but it seems to flex a little where before it 100% solid. Is this normal when removing and replacing the rear cover of a MacBook Pro? I used a brand new Sears Craftsman 00 Phillips screwdriver to do the job. The new RAM (8 Gigs) works fine and improved the system's speed, and otherwise the computer works fine.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you mean by flex a little? Moves from side to side? Or, can be pushed down a bit? The back cover should fit fairly snug. Check to make sure the phillips screws are properly torqued, but don't over torque them. If everything is OK, don't worry about it. It's probably because the cover had never been removed before and may have been stiff. Aluminum will sometimes change shape a bit when fastened or unfastened.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Air 2018 macOS Monterey 8GB RAM 250 GB SSD
What do you mean by flex a little? Moves from side to side? Or, can be pushed down a bit? The back cover should fit fairly snug. Check to make sure the phillips screws are properly torqued, but don't over torque them. If everything is OK, don't worry about it. It's probably because the cover had never been removed before and may have been stiff. Aluminum will sometimes change shape a bit when fastened or unfastened.

It can be pushed down a bit. I seems to be settling down a bit as I use it and transport it. It's working fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.