Printing & wi-fi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 13" 2012, 1.8GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5
Don't know where to post this but here goes-
Have Epson SX430W wifi printer which worked with my MBA 11' via AirTies 5452 modem/router but since upgrading to 13" MBA (2012) I just CANNOT get the printer to find the network.
Also, more basic I don't recall how to set the printer to 'black only' and nor can I remember where to get to the printer set-up; in System Preferences> Print&Scan there are no options for this. Dumb, I know but it's baffling me!

PS- I had endless wi-fi problems with the 11" MBA but none with the 13" (with 8GB RAM!)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello,
A lot of printer connectivity problems center around driver issues.

If you still have the disks for the printer then put the driver into your 13" MBA using the relevant disk. If not then you could download it from a source on the internet. I'm sure Epson would be able to provide it.

EDIT: Voila http://www.driversepson.com/epson-sx430w-driver/

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, pw- driver checks out as latest, in fact I got it from the same site yesterday!
Next stop is Epson support which has been unavailable all day...

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Update- got the SX430W printer reconnected but yesterday a power cut; now back to square 1.
No wireless connection again. Don't think I'll get another Epson; one might expect that in 2013 Wi-Fi linking would be a simple button press? Yeh, right....

Anybody know of a printer that is easy to connect wirelessly? Oh, I did try Cloud Print also without success.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Update- got the SX430W printer reconnected but yesterday a power cut; now back to square 1.
No wireless connection again. Don't think I'll get another Epson; one might expect that in 2013 Wi-Fi linking would be a simple button press? Yeh, right....

Anybody know of a printer that is easy to connect wirelessly? Oh, I did try Cloud Print also without success.

I use a HP Photosmart Premium C310 series. It has Air Print (Wireless printing from Mac or iDevices) and Eprint (remote printing over the net which I use occasionally with my iPhone).

I've found it extremely quick for both printing and scanning. It can be a tad thirsty but I normally have it set to the best settings.

Just as an aside. You mentioned above the Print& Scan Options. Highlight the Printer in the pane and click the minus button at the bottom to remove it from the network. Then click the plus sign to add it back in using 'Bonjour'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.