Weird Alias Behaviour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac i7/3.4GHz, 12GB RAM, OSX 10.7.2
I've just started getting the oddest behaviour from an Alias, but first some background.

Until now I used AFP to connect to my QNAP shares and setup Aliases to the shares and put them on my dock so I didn't need to show connected network drives on the desktop (the three shares were home, multimedia and public).

This worked fine but I was getting some odd issues using AFP so I decided to disable the AFP service on the QNAP and use SMP instead.
I removed the AFP share aliases and recreated them under SMP and this is where the trouble starts.
All three new aliases work perfectly when they're on the desktop or anywhere in finder (i.e documents) but when I put them on the Dock the Home alias doesn't work (multimedia and public work fine). Home just opens a blank window? If I click on the actual Home alias in Finder/documents it works.

I think the Dock is somehow linking the new home alias with the old AFP alias but I've no idea how to reset this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.