Moved iphoto to external drive now I cant upload photos

Reaction score
HI guys, Ive taken lots of pictures and was running out of space on my macbook HD.
I moved my iphoto library to my external hard drive and now when I go onto facebook I cannot upload pictures (this also occurs on other sites).

When I open iphoto from the dock I can see that all the photos are there and it works as it should when I import new photos

but when I go to facebook to upload them I navigate to my storage drive in the window that pops up and the iphoto library is shaded grey and is not selectable.

What am I doing wrong and how can I correct this.

Reaction score
You are looking in the wrong place for your photos to upload. When the Finder window opens scroll on down past Pictures and your external hard drive in the sidebar and under "Media" you will see Photos, select that and iPhoto will open and you can select any photo you want and upload to the website.

32d672dd634056c3d0662cdd68696847.png

OP
J
Reaction score
omg whats wrong with me?

I was thinking because I moved it to the external drive I had to look for it there.
Embarrassing!

Thank you very much!

OP
J
Reaction score
OK, I have another question
I have a Galaxy Note 2 phone now

on my old phone, Evo 4g, I would connect it to my macbook and iphoto would pop up and I could download pictures directly to it.
With this phone it says I needed a program called android uploader for mac I got that and was trying to upload the pictures onto my iphoto library
but it wouldnt let me drop them directly into the library on the external disk. SO I had to make a separate folder for them. Then I imported the folder to iphoto, so when im in iphoto I can see those pictures.
But now when I go onto facebook to upload them and I go to media> photos those photos are not there

can you tell me what I need to do?

thanks again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.