13" Macbook pro hdmi tv output issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, 8gig ram, 750gig harddrive
Specs: 13" mid 2010 macbook pro 2.4ghz, 8gigs ram, 750gig harddrive. running Snow leopard 10.6.8 and windows 7 ultimate (bootcamp).

I have a 2012 50" LG plasma tv that I connect to my MBP via HDMI.
-When I boot into windows 7. Picture and Sound goes to the tv perfectly Fine.
-When Im in OS X, picture goes to the tv, but NO sound.

Ive read up on this issue and still cant find a solution. There is no HDMI option when I goto sound output options.

What I cant understand is why Hmdi video and sound works perfectly fine in windows 7 without installing anything special meanwhile it wont in OS X. I had upgraded to lion, to see if it made a difference, but it still does not work.

How can I get my macbook pro to output sound and video via hdmi to my tv in OS X?
Would I require some kind of 3rd party sound drivers?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Specs: 13" mid 2010 macbook pro 2.4ghz, 8gigs ram, 750gig harddrive. running Snow leopard 10.6.8 and windows 7 ultimate (bootcamp).

I have a 2012 50" LG plasma tv that I connect to my MBP via HDMI.
-When I boot into windows 7. Picture and Sound goes to the tv perfectly Fine.
-When Im in OS X, picture goes to the tv, but NO sound.

Ive read up on this issue and still cant find a solution. There is no HDMI option when I goto sound output options.

What I cant understand is why Hmdi video and sound works perfectly fine in windows 7 without installing anything special meanwhile it wont in OS X. I had upgraded to lion, to see if it made a difference, but it still does not work.

How can I get my macbook pro to output sound and video via hdmi to my tv in OS X?
Would I require some kind of 3rd party sound drivers?

No you shouldn't require anything like that. When you plugin in MBP to the TV are you switching the sound to output to the TV?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 13" Macbook Pro 2.4ghz, 8gig ram, 750gig harddrive
I dont have the option to select hdmi as an audio output. I plug in the hdmi after the OS has booted. In windows 7 sound and picture work perfectly fine on the tv. in OS X, only picture is displayed and the sound is still coming from the macbook.

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.