Updated To iTunes 11 and Now I Have Missing Files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.1 ghz i5, 12 gb 1333 mhz & iPhone 4s
I updated to iTunes 11 last week. Overall I like it, but I do have an issue.

My TV Shows and Movies library is a hybrid of iTunes purchases and video I've added through other means. Much of it converted with Handbrake or exported from iMovie/Final Cut X. I'm not sure if this matters, but I figured I would mention it all the same.

Now to my issue, ever since the iTunes update to version 11, many of my TV show Folders are no longer visible in Finder. Oddly, in all but one case most of these files seem available in my iTunes library and play just fine, but I can't locate the files using the Finder.

To be more specific, if I use spotlight or the search bar in the Finder, then the files do show up. And the breadcrumb trail does point to the location that they should be in. But if I navigate through Finder to that location then none of the files appear.

The exception to all of this is the TV show House. I have seasons 1 and 2 of the show, all purchased through iTunes. These files are missing completely, except for 1 episode that only appears if I search with spotlight. Otherwise it appears in my library as available in the cloud, but obviously I don't want to download them all again, especially if they really are on my hard disk somewhere.

This is the goofiest thing I've ever encountered in my 6-7 years now as an OS X user lol. Any ideas/suggestions?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.