Should I clean install Mountain Lion or upgrade

Reaction score
Hi all looking for some advise. I thinking of installing Mountain Lion on my OS X 10.6.8. But I'm a bit worried. I upgraded when Lion first came out and had all the problems, slow mac, and so on. I then reinstalled Snow Leopard.

Is there any issues with Mountain Lion like their was with Lion?, I have done some internet searches but have found nothing on Mountain Lion issues.

Also should I do Clean install or upgrade over Snow Leopard?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have applications on your Mac that may require reinstalling and the installer is PPC coded, you will be unable to reinstall once ML is installed. If all your apps are Intel only and you've checked to make sure they'll run in ML, then a clean install is better. Be sure to make a backup first.

OP
S
Reaction score
If you have applications on your Mac that may require reinstalling and the installer is PPC coded, you will be unable to reinstall once ML is installed. If all your apps are Intel only and you've checked to make sure they'll run in ML, then a clean install is better. Be sure to make a backup first.

What is PPC coded ?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Power PC coded. Some universal apps use a Power PC coded installer. Those apps will refuse to install in Lion or Mountain Lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.