Restore app store game data

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently reinstalled Mountain Lion and did a clean build of my machine in the hope that it would get rid of the spinning ball, (It didn't), but now I have lost my game saves for a couple of Mac app store titles. I have a Time Machine backup and wondered if there was any way I could restore them from this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a Time Machine backup which includes the saved games, then you should be able to restore them directly. Do you know how to restore selective items from a TM backup? Check out this excellent article from MacWorld Magazine which will lead you through it. LINK

OP
B
Reaction score
If you have a Time Machine backup which includes the saved games, then you should be able to restore them directly. Do you know how to restore selective items from a TM backup? Check out this excellent article from MacWorld Magazine which will lead you through it. LINK

So, is it just a question of restoring the actual app and the save file comes with it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Well, it may be a bit more complex than that. Where are the game saves stored, do you know? Are they in a separate file or are they stored in Plist files? You need to figure that out first and then restore which files hold the game saves. Probably best to also restore the game files too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.