Mail ... I need to group a few email addresses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15" Retina... 2X 2TB G-Drives and 1 4TG G-Drive.
In Outlook or my web based Email, I can group 5 email addresses and give that group a name. Address a MSG to that group, and all 5 recipients get the message.

Easy right?

How do I do this with Mail running in OS X?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff W Waldrop

Reaction score
Open your Contacts or Address Book from Finder, depending on which version of OSX you have. Select the Addresses you want to make a Group for and under the File menu select "New Group From Selection" and give it a name. When you want to send to that group open a new email and type that name into To: and hit return or just drag that group there from the Address Book.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 15" Retina... 2X 2TB G-Drives and 1 4TG G-Drive.
Open your Contacts or Address Book from Finder, depending on which version of OSX you have. Select the Addresses you want to make a Group for and under the File menu select "New Group From Selection" and give it a name. When you want to send to that group open a new email and type that name into To: and hit return or just drag that group there from the Address Book.

Thanks, Pomeroy

That works great once you told me where to go to set it up...!

Regards,

Jeff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.