iTunes 11 questions

Reaction score
Upgradaded to the latets version (perhaps a mistake) and have some questions.

1) The Radio icon is not showing and is enabled in the prefs. I have quit and relaunced iTunes to no success.
2) How do I get the movies/TV show icons to show small again? iTunes 11 makes the icons very large and I have allot of movies. iTunes 10 made it easier to make them smaller.
3) WIFI sync no longer works with my iPhone. How can I get it back?

Next Apple may remove the feature to burn audio/MP3 CD's and so I probably should wait and investigate before I upgrade to iTunes 12 or whatever version they remove the ability to burn CD's. They also may remove the ability to sync my iPhone via a USB cable and force people to use WIFI, and in that event how would people sync without an internet connection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Upgradaded to the latets version (perhaps a mistake) and have some questions.

1) The Radio icon is not showing and is enabled in the prefs. I have quit and relaunced iTunes to no success.

It does for me when in the right view..it won't show on the top menu bar if you are in the iPhone pane and it won't show in the drop-down menu to the left if you are already in the Radio pane.

2) How do I get the movies/TV show icons to show small again? iTunes 11 makes the icons very large and I have allot of movies. iTunes 10 made it easier to make them smaller.

I don't think you can. There doesn't appear to be an option in iTunes preferences or in the 'View' menu

3) WIFI sync no longer works with my iPhone. How can I get it back?

The options should remain checked in the iPhone summary after the update, if they are then check the settings on your phone and reconnect if necessary

Next Apple may remove the feature to burn audio/MP3 CD's and so I probably should wait and investigate before I upgrade to iTunes 12 or whatever version they remove the ability to burn CD's. They also may remove the ability to sync my iPhone via a USB cable and force people to use WIFI, and in that event how would people sync without an internet connection?

Not sure that will happen :). You can still hard sync via USB if you want to and the back up happens when you plug the phone into the mains.

Sorry answers within quote above

OP
E
Reaction score
Sorry answers within quote above

I got most of my problems resolved including WIFI sync. I had to reboot my iPhone to get it back working. I also reboot my Mac. I am able to get to the radio app, and also the downloads window as Apple has hidden these features in the latest version. Other than the hide and seek Apple is playing, iTunes 11 is much nicer.

Yes USB sync is crucial for it works when the Internet connection does not. Its also 10 times more stable as WIFI sync does not always cooperate, and its also far slower.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
I got most of my problems resolved including WIFI sync. I had to reboot my iPhone to get it back working. I also reboot my Mac. I am able to get to the radio app, and also the downloads window as Apple has hidden these features in the latest version. Other than the hide and seek Apple is playing, iTunes 11 is much nicer.

Yes USB sync is crucial for it works when the Internet connection does not. Its also 10 times more stable as WIFI sync does not always cooperate, and its also far slower.

It sounds like you may have unstable wi-fi. Reboot your router and check for any obstructions or metal objects nearby. If you have dual-band then put your iMac on 5gHZ because iOS devices appear to default to 2.4gHZ and if all your neighbours are using 2.4gHZ then the bandwidth may be clogged up.

Download a free app called iStumbler and check to see if your neighbours are using the same channels as you.

OP
E
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have unstable wi-fi. Reboot your router and check for any obstructions or metal objects nearby. If you have dual-band then put your iMac on 5gHZ because iOS devices appear to default to 2.4gHZ and if all your neighbours are using 2.4gHZ then the bandwidth may be clogged up.

Download a free app called iStumbler and check to see if your neighbours are using the same channels as you.

It works most of the time. Most of the time I sync via USB cable anyways, but sometimes I sync via WIFI. When WIFI does not work I reboot my router, and there are no metal objects nearby. But the problems I have on occasion do not seem to have much to do with WIFI in general but more iOS or iTunes as when I have issues its only with WIFI sync so this may be a software problem. After I reboot iOS or iTunes yesterday they were resolved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.