• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Twenty-Four (DISCLAIMER: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
Anyone watch the TV show Twenty-Four? I just felt it deserved a thread, given its amazingness. And I was surprised tonight at the season premiere when they FINALLY showed a Mac in it. It's one of the very few TV shows or movies that (up until this point) never really featured Macs. They even put an Alienware in the last season. Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, it's the best show on television. I don't even watch television, and I watch Twenty-Four. Any takers on discussion? Oh, and yeah, if this goes anywhere, gotta repeat the disclaimer that discussion will probably include season five spoiling info.

Reaction score
Wow. And I agree. Best show on TV. EVER.

I just signed on the post the same thing, you read my mind. They finally used an iMac. And it even had OS X on it! What a suprise! Go Palmer!

Now we just need to get everyone watching tomorrow night as well!

Reaction score
And I'd love to discuss the show if your interested. How about that aide? AND PALMER, MICHELLE, AND TONY??!!

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I kinda called Walt (the aide). Tony's definitely going to make it, though. I don't think they'd do three. NO ONE is that cruel. And those All-State commercials during the breaks? I was about to kill them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I dropped it after Season Two but I decided to give Season Five/tonigh a shot and loving it again...!!! Beauty of Time Shift...West Coast feed :p I get to watch it again..in HD of course...!!! :laughing:

Reaction score
Tony will definitly pull through. He's essential to the show, they can't completely start with a fresh slate of the most important characters.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't watch it, but I thought read somewhere, in the first season. The good guys had Apple products and the bad guys had PC products.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 12 inch 1.33 GHz 512MB RAM
Seasons 1 + 2 used Macs and then in Season 3 they were using mostly HP's and Dell's and yes, I believe the Alienware you are referring to from Season 4 was a laptop? 24 is the BEST SHOW EVER! Tony will definitely make it, as said before, they can't kill off Michelle, Plamer :eek:neye: and Tony! Right? Oh, well, 24 is the best! Can't wait untill tonight!

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah. The Alienware was Marwan's laptop. I guess I didn't pay attention as well during Season One. I missed a lot more episodes in that season.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
i've only just started watching today, season four was on A and E or soemthing. what an amazing show!

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
noooo. that means you've ruined the previous three seasons for yourself. :( But anyway, I just want to state that I CALLED the Flank 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20"
after last season i told myself that there was no way i would watch season 5, it would just be more of jack screaming to "get down" or "take cover". but now im sucked in again, of course.

i called the flank 2 before you. i swear.

Reaction score
I consider myself to be obsessed with the show and honestly, I saw Season 3 before I saw 1 or 2. I actually started with season 3, and liked it so much that I went out and bought season 2 dvd's (I think that Best Buy was out of Season 1's at the time, otherwise I obviously would have bought those as well). After I watched 2 I watched 1, then a short while after season 3 ended. Then onto season 4. Honestly, even with all the jumbled order, I still completely understand the show.

U

UncSki1218

THANK GOD. i was about to start this myself, im pretty hardcore about this show. ive been watching since season 1. own all four seasons on dvd. premiere was absoulutly amazing. bummer that michelle, and palmer had to go. knew it was coming (none of the actors agreed to season 5) but it still hurt. hah i called flank 2 also. jack is the man. he'd never but his people in danger. especially curtis who is also the man. WITH MY SUPERPOWERS I DEEM THIS THE OFFICIAL 24 THREAD. we can come here each week and talk about the amazingness. btw chloe is the woman.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad, 1GB RAM
24 is the best, I missed most of season 1 but saw every thing past that. I think Tony will be fine. I don't like president Logan at all. To bad Palmer was not killed he was a good president in this show. What ever happened to Chase, Jacks side kick?
I am recording all of season 5 on my computer. :)

OP
Meyvn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Chase left with Kim. They got married or something....I really hope they don't bring Kim back.

And yes, Curtis is the man. Remember when he just PUNCHED that evil ***** in season four who was gonna kill Tony?

Oh, and I'm taking a poll. Did anyone actually LIKE Terry (Jack's wife)? I haven't met anyone yet who did.

Reaction score
i have to disagree with you guys but i really don't like 24, but that is just my opinion. I personally like e-ring. similar show. But i think i don't like 24 because i don't like actor that plays bauer. But that just my .2 cents...sorry for changing the subject.

mr g5 said:
24 is the best, I missed most of season 1 but saw every thing past that. I think Tony will be fine. I don't like president Logan at all. To bad Palmer was not killed he was a good president in this show. What ever happened to Chase, Jacks side kick?
I am recording all of season 5 on my computer. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
ive watched the first full 3 seasons, borrowed them from a friend on DVD, cant ever watch them on tv since im deployed in the military soo long, but its one of the best shows out there, The Sheild and Rescue ME are also 2 great shows too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I just got my wife hooked on 24. I rented the first disc of Season 1 last week when she was on vacation...she made me go back to Blockbuster the next day and rent the rest of them for an all-day marathon. That was a lot of fun! I enjoyed seeing my G4 Cube pop up now and then ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.