Ingesting files into XDCAM Transfer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X Version 10.7.5 Processor Intel Core i7 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Have you ever seen the movie Dumb and Dumber. Well I often feel like applying for the star role. I have a Sony CINEALTA XDCAM EX video camera Model PMW E1XR. A very nice piece of equipment. I am experimenting with transferring the editing from Edius 6 onto Apple FCP X Mountain Lion. This camera is not supported by Apple,so I have to use a software program created by Sony called XDCAM Transfer.
My problem is determining where the program stores the information and MOV files that I import using a Sony SxS memory card reader. If I press the add button before putting the card in the reader, I am put in to finder where I can select a target file for my clips to go in. I then have to go into the XDCAM preference file where I have to enter the name of the target file that I have created. I have found through error, that it is not a good idea to change the destination for the cache file that XDCAM uses.
Then when I put the card into the reader, the clip shows up in the XDCAM window and I have to enter metadata. Where this is used is a mystery because when I enter the next card in the reader all the header data has gone and I now have to enter fresh data. I don't know where this information is used.
When I put a second card of the series in, I go into the add area as before and I am often faced with a completely strange area of finder that seems to be quite different from the last ingest file that I created. The program seems to have a mind of its own in this respect. The end result is that I end up getting completely frustrated and sometimes feel like throwing myself off the roof. On the good day's I just feel like throwing my Apple off the roof. I end up having to transfer all the data in to my PC to process the video files and make a DVD for my client's. Can anyone out there help me
Bob

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.