LaCie Rugged HD problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
I have 2 LaCie F/W 800 USB 3.0 500 Rugged HD's that will not boot via option key on 3 of my Mac Book Pro's, and 2 iMacs, they will boot fine from System Preferences Startup Disk,
They are GUID format and contain multiple partitions with bootable systems. I have a Mac Pro Nehalem that will boot from the option key. I have done a Google search and see some complaints on these drive but no answers, has anyone in the Forum seen this problem?:Confused:

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I would "assume" you created these multiple bootable partitions on your Mac Pro???

It is possible they do not contain the drivers required to run on the other Macs.
Particularly, if the OS X version is older than the version of OS X that shipped with them.

OP
FatherTime
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
llci to Mac Pro "26 Kids" all named Mac
I would "assume" you created these multiple bootable partitions on your Mac Pro???

It is possible they do not contain the drivers required to run on the other Macs.
Particularly, if the OS X version is older than the version of OS X that shipped with them.

Well anything's possible I guess but for the fact my other drives work fine, it's only the LaCie's that are a problem. They will boot fine via Startup Disk in System Preferences. I saw some complaints on Google about these drives not mounting, mine will mount just not boot from option key I'll re-initialize one on a MacBook Pro and try your suggestion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.