Random black lines appear on desktop?

Reaction score
apple

Yes

I called apple up to tell them of the issue.

she spoke to her boss telling him/her to make it go higher so apple is aware of this problem..

I also wrote on a google forum, about chrome causing such black lines on desktop and other areas...

Yes its a very expensive exercise, to not know the truth

i hope anyone having the issue knows, its google chrome, on mac... causing black lines.

any problems, send me a message, on here...

Regards,

Reaction score
Yes

I called apple up to tell them of the issue.

she spoke to her boss telling him/her to make it go higher so apple is aware of this problem..

I also wrote on a google forum, about chrome causing such black lines on desktop and other areas...

Yes its a very expensive exercise, to not know the truth

i hope anyone having the issue knows, its google chrome, on mac... causing black lines.

any problems, send me a message, on here...

Regards,

I have the same problem on my mac. The lines appear and when you change the display pic or log out and log in they disappear. They don't hinder the use of other apps either they just appear on the desktop screen. You said that it appears to be chrome which is the only browser ive used since i had a mac. I was just curious if you could give me any info you've found about this problem, and any knowledge about how you came to the conclusion that it was chrome. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

sorry about your problem...

I had only about 4 running apps open.. So i decided to shut down apps, and wait for the lines to re-appear after I had refreshed the dekstop imagine via change desktop right click on the desktop...

I shut down, MSN, Yahoo, one by one... then, the lines still kept coming, ... then I shut down chrome, and i never got any more lines.. so I use safari, and still to this day, I dont have any more lines

I can say its definitely chrome, they did an update and thats why it didnt happen before...

save yourself time, if the lines bother you, stop using chrome... I guarantee it wont happen again...

hope you fix the problem too...

I use safari now....

good luck

Reaction score
okay thanks. I have just started using safarit and hopefully that will keep the lines away. It isn't too big of a deal since it isn't a hardware issue I was just curious if Apple or Google had given you any further info about the problem. Thanks again for your help as I thought it was a GPU problem and am out of warranty

Reaction score
No you'll be fine, safari has its benefits over chrome, safari resumes a download, chrome doesn't (trivia)

Yeah, they replaced my Logic board, which contains the video component... and the lines came back, with chrome only...

this is my first mac too...

good luck with your future in the mac world... just hope chrome fixes it, for the future...

i left them a message also...

Regards...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.