Keyboard Layout Unknow on login screen

Reaction score
Hi,

I got an IMac G3 on wich I can't login since I don't know what keyboard layout it's using in the login screen. Every letter I type is entered correctly (but I don't know what it is). Is there a way to get a prompt where I can see the letters I type like, for example the TTYs on Linux. I can't wipe the install since there is paid software for wich I don't have the license key on it. I also don't have the isntall dvd but I guess I can download it somewhere.

The IMac has been unplugged and quite cold so the MB reseted sompletely (to january 1st 1969's Unix default date) I guess the layout changed the same time because I was able to type in the password before. I tried with caps lock, without, with a qwerty layout, with an AZERTY layout all this with two different keyboards.

If I can boot on a Linux CD and modify a password file it could do the job but I don't know Mac OS very well.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.