iTunes 11 and podcasts

M

MacInWin

It's a real nitpick, but the new iTunes seems to have taken away a function I really liked and used. I'm looking for a way to accomplish the same thing, so if anybody has a good idea, I'm all open for it.

In the old iTunes, under podcasts, if you opened the "Get Info" box and on the "Info" tab changed the "Album" listing, the podcast was immediately organized into a different podcast group. I used that function to sort out a daily podcast to which I subscribe into subject areas. With iTunes 11, when I installed it all of those sorted podcast groups were deleted and all of the podcasts put back into one general grouping for that podcast source. I checked the "Get Info" data and it's still showing my renamed Albums, but now they are all jumbled together.

Any ideas on how I can get iTunes 11 to revert to the iTunes 10 behavior? I've done some searching and found nothing, and the Preferences in iTunes 11 doesn't seem to have anywhere to adjust this behavior.

TIA.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.