iphone 4s

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, mac mini, ipad, 4s
I updated my 4s phone to iOS 6.0.1. I now have major battery drain. Phone on stand you will die in 6 hours before upgrade would lasts over 24 hours. Is there anything I can do. Phone is 1 year old.

C

chas_m

I have an older model than you (an iPhone 4) and I'm certainly not seeing anything even remotely like that. Sounds like you have services or apps running in the background that shouldn't be. You might try a hard reset or power cycle, maybe re-apply the latest update. Something's not right there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I updated my 4s phone to iOS 6.0.1. I now have major battery drain. Phone on stand you will die in 6 hours before upgrade would lasts over 24 hours. Is there anything I can do. Phone is 1 year old.
I and my sons all have the 4s models and have the same issues, even with all apps closed. What a disappointment.

C

chas_m

Please re-read my message. Understand that "background" means something that may not be all that obvious that it's running all the time, like Bluetooth or LTE. Are your phones jailbroken? That causes HUGE battery drain.

I'm not saying it *couldn't* be a defective battery, but I am saying that I'm skeptical of the claim "no apps running," since that's technically impossible if you include services, which of course are running all the time.

If you're sure it's really, truly not running any apps or unneeded services in the background, I'd suggest you take it in for a check. It's possible you have a defective battery, in which case it would be changed for you at no charge under warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Im running 6.1 Beta 3 at the moment. Lets hope the boys at Apple have sorted something out if it is a bug. 6.1 could be just around the corner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have either of you (firesidedog & boisseau) done the hard reset as suggested?

I.e. holding sleep/wake & home button for 10-15 seconds until the screen blanks and the Apple symbol appears

I've got a 5, a 4s, two 4 and a 3GS on the family 'estate' - all running iOS 6.0.1 no battery life issues - all heavy users.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.