• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Strange dvd studio pro/editing problem :(

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to create a distribution screener of a feature I made, but I'm having a strange problem. It's an older project shot on mini DV. I'm working with an SD ProRes 29.97 mov from an Uncompressed 10-bit source. Both look perfectly fine when playing in Quicktime. But when I load the export into DVD studio pro there are just these two scenes towards the end of the feature that look severely corrupt. They begin twitching and going blurry and pixelated every second in a half or so; a steady rythem. While the problem doesn't appear to be present on the source, the issue does carry over to the DVD. I've had DVDs made previously with the same sources and not had the issue. The raw sources are in a different system and I imagine accessing those will be the only solution. But does anyone know why this might be happening, or how come it only becomes an issue in DVD studio pro? Since the problem doesn't exist in the prores I created, I feel like it SHOULD work, and it would be nice if there was a solution. The project did originate in Abobe Premier (PC land) and was converted and somehow moved into Final Cut by a colleague for color correction (because I needed the project in my system which is FCP/Mac) and that's waht I'm working off of. Still... THOSE appear to be just fine until DVD Studio Pro. I wonder if something happened during the conversion but the results just can't be seen in QT? If anyone has possible explanations or solutions I will be extremely grateful. Thanks in advance! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.