Please help!

J

jlm

Sigh, as per many other posts, I spilled something on my keyboard. In this case it was soup.

I am also an extra idiot, because instead of turning it off right away, I left it on while I cleaned it (there wasn't much).

I am hoping I just hit a bad combination of keys, because now, when I try to type on it, it hits multiple keys, in a set pattern:

If I hit t, it enters 5tgb. If I hit 5, g, or b, the same thing happens.
3edc, 4rfv, and similar combinations. I hesitated to do so, but shut off the computer to see if unplugging then plugging in the keyboard as well as turning it off might do the trick. No such luck, and now I can't put in my password (it doesn't let you delete characters in the order I would need to).

Is there a key combination that can fix this?!

OP
J

jlm

Update:

Just tried it, and only two letters are entered with each keystroke. I can't tell in what combination, because it's encrypted for the password, but hopefully it's working itself out...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i would try to remove the keyboard and see if there is anything making the keys stick together and then try to clean it out using rubbing alcohol. let it dry thoroughly before re-installing the keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.