[video] Mac won't boot up to hard drive, nor mountain lion installer/?

Reaction score
Hi all. I recently bought a broken macbook pro mid 2010 13 inch for my little brother in hope of fixing it. Since I bought it for so cheap, I figured it was worth the hassle to fix it and pass it down to him. First of all, there is no hard drive currently in the computer. I have made a partition on a USB flash drive with my other Mac that works. My other mac can read that USB partition (Test) from my little 16gb mountain lion partition (essentially making it a portable hard drive), and it can also read the installer, as I have installed mountain lion 3 times with the same flash drive. However, with the 13 inch MBP cannot get past the little gear loading screen and it freezes. It will not boot off of my USB mountain lion partition, nor will it boot from my USB Mountain Lion installer. I have even tried putting in a couple of hard drives to the MBP to see if it reads, but it won't read from those hard drives. I figured it could be the cable, but then again it won't boot from my USB flash drives either. Is there a way to reset the firmware on this computer, as I suspect that the firmware might be corrupted. I would also like to mention I have reset the pram and nvram.

Your advice and help will be greatly appreciated.

video:

[Help!] Mac not booting up to hard drive, nor installer. - YouTube

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.