Bootcamp with Win7 works, Mac partition doesn't!

Reaction score
I just installed Windows 7 on the boot camp partition on my old Mac Pro running 10.5.8.

I started by using the boot camp assistant (I think version 2.0) to repartition the drive. I then tried to use rEFIt to install Win7 on the boot camp partition from a USB drive, but that didn't work. So I booted back into OS X to finish the process with boot camp assistant and use a Win7 DVD to do the installation. Everything went smoothly and Win7 is up and running.

However, if I hold option to start and choose the Mac partition, nothing loads--it's just the Apple logo and a spinning wheel (waited 20 minutes at longest). Did I make a mistake not uninstalling rEFIt before installing win7 to bootcamp? I haven't installed the apple drivers in Win7 yet--does that have anything to do with it? I reset the nvram/pram, tried booting into safe mode by holding shift (didn't work), tried to get disk utility to show up with the command + R (nothing happened), and then tried a OS X disc 1 disc to boot from, but as soon as it booted, it told me I had to restart (same thing 3 times).

Please help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Not on Leopard OS X.5 and a PowerPC you did not. Sure you do not mean an Intel computer running Snow Leopard X.6?

OP
R
Reaction score
SOLVED ITSELF. REBOOTED A FEW TIMES AND SOMEHOW JUST CAME UP. TOTALLY WEIRD. Was about to try another OS X disc and DiskWarrior as had been suggested to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.