RGB to CMYK conversion

Reaction score
Hi. Thanks ahead of time for a signpost with directions to follow.
My CreateSpace pdf in both the Proofer online and the hard copy I just received have great color variance from what I submitted in my pdf cover and interior files. The vibrancy's gone. The bright spring green is dull. The light bluegreens more like gray.

SO, next to learn: I need to know the easiest way to convert my RGB to CMYK files, so I can replace what I've got in my CreateSpace book project interior and exterior spots. I am super hoping there's a way to do this in the pdf state, from RGB pdf to CMYK pdf. I am happy to do page by page. The 44-page book has text, plus color images (from original watercolor paintings), with some black ink drawings as well. I work on a MacBook 10.6.8. I assembled the pdfs (page by page as "images") in GIMP 2.8. The original text I formatted in iStudio, easily uploading into GIMP, as images, then working each image in layers. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that flattened images can't be unflattened, so if I need to go back to a pre-pdf pages ('images' in GIMP lingo), I'll have to do quite a bit of reconstructing. The last layered building steps are now bound within the flattened images in 44-page pdf. Fortunately, I can easily alter one page at a time within my full pdf. Thank goodness in Mac that's a pop in and out process. I want to find an RGB to CMYK conversion that I can do page by page, popping out and back into my full pdf.

Thanks ahead of time for any guidance. I work best with clear directions in how to's, and definitions and specific where to find's too (I won't be insulted). I like it when I can go step by step in some program without having to go into my systems folders and reformat anything internally. Much appreciated! Sparky

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.