Freehand in Mac OS10.8

Reaction score
Hello, I know that I can't use FH in my newly upgraded Mac OS 10.8.2 now after I have upgraded. I should have done my research. I have hundreds of files still in FH. What version of Illustrator can I buy that will run on my system and open FH files. I purchased CS6 and it does not open FH files. I returned it. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Kim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You will have to find a second hand copy of CS4 or CS5

You can still download CS5 trial, and that will give you 30 days to convert your Freehand files

Carefully read the instructions or the link will not work

Basically you have to login in with your Adobe ID (you can create one first if you dont have one)

Begin downloading Photoshop CS6 (this sets up a download session cookie), then cancel it after the download begins

After that the links to the older trilas will work (make sure you select the Mac version of the trial)

Download Adobe CS5 Free Trials – All Direct Links without Akamai | ProDesignTools

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
That's an option

I have CS5 on my Mac running 10.8.2 so I know the program works in Mountain Lion

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.